Recipe credit: Emily C, Food52
- 1 bunch Silverbeet, stems and ribs removed and leaves roughly torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Finely grated zest and 1 tablespoon juice from one lemon (reserving extra juice for finishing dish)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or 4 good-quality chicken or pork sausage, removed from casings and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (can also use pre-cooked sausage, sliced into small pieces)
- Finely grated Parmesan or pecorino, to serve
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 200
- Combine silverbeet and cannellini beans in a large casserole, baking dish, or ovenproof skillet. It will look like a lot of silverbeet, but it will considerably cook down. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and zest, Dijon mustard, smoked Spanish paprika, and olive oil. Add to silverbeet and cannellini beans and toss well with hands to evenly coat. Evenly distribute the silverbeet and beans in a single layer-or as close as you can get to a single layer. Nestle the pieces of sausage on top of the chard and beans.
- Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chard is tender with crispy edges and the sausage is no longer pink. For extra security, you can toss about halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice if needed. Top with grated parmesan or pecorino. Serve warm.